Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Beach and a Graveyard

Today I have given myself permission to mourn, to weep, and to feel sorry for myself.
Tomorrow will be another story ...because enough is enough....

This is an exerpt from a letter I wrote today.

I'm sure you are familiar with the (corny) poem, called "Footprints"?? Well, this is one of those times my friend, when there are only one set of footprints on the beach of our lives...because we are securely held in Jesus's strong arms and he is carrying us, because he knows we cannot walk this mile on our own.

Imagine that with great detail....those muscular carpenter arms...those scarred hands....and those loving, tender, smiling eyes. We do not have to exert any effort right now...because there is little or nothing we can do to help ourselves...except to relax into his arms and not to resist or insist on going ahead on our own measly power.

I haven't done this yet...but I am going to do it this afternoon...I'm going to tell him, in great detail how this news is making me feel. I know he knows already...but I am putting it into words, more for my own benefit than for his....Although he will enjoy it that I trust him enough to share something so honest and personal with him. And he won't even mind it if I yell at him a little bit about it. I need to do this...so that I won't mourn any longer than a day or two...and so that my sorrow doesn't turn into a weight of bitterness and self pity that will rapidly turn ugly.

Hang in there, beloved of the Lord, He will get us both through this. He's promised to.
Trust in that and cling to it. And yell and scream if you need to.


(Take a look at my other blog
for the post dated for today...and you will see why this self-proclaimed day of mourning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, even to scold me, (if you must) Just PLEASE try to be kind! Anyone can comment, even those without accounts. Just select the "anonymous" tab and if you want, identify yourself in the body of your comment.