Saturday, May 14, 2011

God's and the "F-Word"

Sorry that I've been silent for so long...my life has been busy going down the tubes...and it has required some attention from me.

God is a hard Truth to follow.
I spent my whole youth trying to run from Him out of fury that he'd made me sick.
And my whole adulthood trying to come to terms with my sickness and to get to know God better---so that the whole thing would make some kind of sense.
And when problem after problem came. The blizzards, hurricanes, avalanches and tornadoes....I clung tight to what I'd found to be true...And my house, built on the rock, remained standing. And I trusted him through the whole gamut.

And then this week...an unprecedented disaster of unnatural proportions...came ripping through my life.
And I felt my grip on the Rock loosen and my fingers began to slide.

And I screamed at God:

"LORD, I've trusted you through the Blizzards,hurricanes, avalanches and tornadoes...WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME??? WHY have you upped the ante??? It's just not fair!"
There it was ...the "f" word.
Fair.
It's been the bastion of every God-deserter since the beginning of time. Eve herself thought the way God played the game wasn't "FAIR"...and there it began.
But you know what?
God INVENTED THE GAME. He invented the players too. AND he invented the room in which the game is played. SOOOOOoo, We don't have a very big right to whine about "Fair" do we??? It's his game, he'll play it the way he wants to.

And God has looked at me with Love in his eyes today, and said softly, "Yes. But can you trust me NOW??"

Good thing He is a Loving and generous God...
And he hands out immense unbelievable, unimaginable prizes....NOT just to the winners....But to all who can finish the game without storming out uttering the "F" word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, even to scold me, (if you must) Just PLEASE try to be kind! Anyone can comment, even those without accounts. Just select the "anonymous" tab and if you want, identify yourself in the body of your comment.