Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WHAT a Night!!!

Last night was horrible.
Firstly, I was in record -breaking pain. And believe me that's saying something. First I dug out my heating pad and laid on it. (yes, in 90 degree weather) . No Help. Then I found I had to lie completely flat; no pillow, no bend in my hospital bed. My neck was as terrible as my lower back. (Just TRY operating a laptop from that position. I'd better figure out a good system going because I have a feeling that, maybe quite soon, I'm going to be working from that position all the time. Anyway, long Long story short, involving many very sincere prayers to God for relief; I ended up tripling my pain med dose--which is the first time I've ever done that. I'm not one to invent my own dosing instructions...But last night, it was either that, or suicide. No Joke.

THEN, I couldn't sleep. Yes after a triple dose of (insert name of strongest pain med in existence here) I still was wide awake. So I chatted online til midnight then began the old toss and turn attempt to sleep minus the toss and turn. Toss and turn?? You kidding ? To turn over on the bed is an agonizing piece of work, taking at least of minute of groaning and cursing, while using my hands and arms to turn my body by pulling on the side rails of my hospital bed.

So then I gave up on sleeping and moved to the recliner (about 30 munutes later) with my laptop. However (by this time it was about 2:30), I was sleepier than I thought, so dozed off with glasses on and laptop on. I slept til 3:00, and in about 5 seconds, jumped up and moved as fast as this body will move, to the bathroom and removed the commode from the toilet and.....
heaved up all of the contents of my stomach which included dinner and several night time snacks afterward. I mean I HURLED...the kind of puking where , though your head is down over the bowl...it still goes everywhere. This went on for a while and the clean up efforts took even longer. Then, completely miserable , I went back to the recliner.

And fell asleep again.
A weird, weird dream ensued. Of me rebuffing some man who was not my husband. Of trying to catch my daughter as she sneaked outside to meet drug dealers...of seeing her take something and then slip the bottles into her pocket. I then confronted her a short time later and made her empty her pockets...and finding she was taking some drug (a pain killer, don't recall which one,) and Meth.

Going in tears to my husband who was in bed, and encountering some sexily dressed woman who was just exiting his room. Well. That was just a peachy end to a peachy night's sleep..I'll tell you.

Then waking all paranoid and freaked out...Going into the mess in my kitchen and not being able to find several items and being convinced that they were stolen by our lovely cleaning lady, who I assure you, would never consider doing such a thing.

I thank the Lord for daylight...the realization of a better reality; a chance to start new....and an end to a night like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, even to scold me, (if you must) Just PLEASE try to be kind! Anyone can comment, even those without accounts. Just select the "anonymous" tab and if you want, identify yourself in the body of your comment.